<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 14, 2005

Sad Salvation 


My first foray into web radio broadcasting is coming to an end. For nearly a year, I've had a continuous stream of music that I programmed broadcasting on Hoboken Rock City Radio, through Live 365. It's a great idea, but it has riddled with difficulties.

Though I have a few dedicated, supportive listeners, the site's broadcasting platform wasn't the easiest for some people to tackle. Admittedly, Live 365 does make every potential listener jump through a few hoops in order to listen to anything. You have to sign up for a membership which, despite being free, is always going to turn off a good number of people. And some people who did make it that far had problems accessing the stream, for whatever reason. The audio stream itself wasn't of the highest sound quality, and the time-consuming nature of ripping and uploading the MP3s and sequencing them wasn't as much fun as I'd hoped it would be.

My membership cancellation hasn't gone through yet, so for the time being you can still listen. I hope to return to web radio soon, or better yet get me a show on a real live radio station, but for time being, if you want to hear me spin, you're gonna have to come out to a gig. I'm back at The Goldhawk on Saturday, Jan. 22. And some potential Manhattan gigs seem to be percolating; stay tuned.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?