<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent...Record 


It's only a passing mention, but Hoboken Rock City was referenced in a front-page story about podcasting in Monday's Bergen Record, which I believe is the second- or third-biggest daily in New Jersey. It's the newspaper I grew up reading, and also the one I delivered in my seventh and eighth grade paper route days. Being taught three classes toward my journalism major at Rutgers by the Record's former executive editor, the wonderful Robert Comstock, sealed my bond with that newspaper forever.

I hope I'm not geeking everyone out too much with all this podcast stuff. For what it's worth, I'm not a big fan of the word "podcast." It conjures up some horribly nerdy image, and the fact that a whole subculture has sprung up around it makes it seem like we're all a bunch of Ham radio operators just sitting around in sweatpants talking to each other. Maybe in some sense we are, right now. The medium has tremendous potential, though. My biggest concern at the moment are some legal and licensing issues to be worked out, which I am researching. Be assured that I am making every effort to ensure the show is legally compliant. A lot of musicians, labels, and artist managers have been tremendously helpful, and I thank them for everything.

And I'll say it again because people keep asking: you do not need an iPod to listen to the show. The show is an MP3 fileā€”one big ol' MP3 file. To listen, use Windows Media, iTunes, or whatever program you normally use to listen to audio files you've downloaded. Even I haven't been listening to many of them on the iPod. Then again, my iPod is already full.

Barring unforeseen catastrophe, Show #2 will be up in the wee hours of Wednesday, March 9. You can get it right here.

In other news, did anyone else think tonight's episode of 24 was the lamest one of the season? It's literally the only TV show I watch that isn't news or baseball related (well, lately I've been sneaking in the occasional Jeopardy!), so I expect a lot from it. I already miss Behrooz. The last ten minutes were awesome, though. Two words: Michelle Dessler. I totally called that about five seconds before it happened. I'm so proud of me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?