<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Three Times A Punk Rock Bar 


My December gig at Manitoba's was pretty much a bust attendance-wise, thanks to the transit strike. The one in early January wasn't much better, coming the week after New Year's, when everyone's tired, broke, and way out of the party mood.

Last night, the third time charm rule was in effect. Neat Neat Neat #2 was a lot of fun. In addition to our fine bar staff of Henry at the door and Kryssy pulling the taps, there was a sizable crew of rockin' folks I didn't know. And there were so many of my favorite people in the room: old friends, ex-roommates and ex-classmates, former post-college Hobokenites, co-workers past and present, my DJing mentor, a fellow Jersey music blogger, an insanely gifted jazz pianist, a kick-ass rock & roll violinist, a talented singer, and a gifted actress. If I hadn't been ruling the speakers with an iron fist, we could have had one hell of a jam session. I was humbled and honored.

Neat Neat Neat #3 is a go for Wednesday, March 1, 10 p.m. at Manitoba's. That one will be my birthday party, and will almost certainly feature a guest DJ. Stay tuned for details.

Happy Groundhog Day, kids. Don't party too hard tonight.

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank piƱa coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?